Ohio farm bureau dating
The state bank issued currency in the early periods known as "red dogs," "wildcats," and other currencies which passed through the county, with the book the "Bank Detector" published weekly to inform consumers of exchange rates of these currencies.Gold and silver was of little value in the early days, and what banks were formed usually failed. The Farmers Bank of Union County was established in 1868 on the Robinson block just east of the public square in Marysville, and by 1904 had merged with the Union Banking Company of Marysville.After some banking laws were passed and the production of the county grew, currency gained value in trade, including paper, gold, and silver, and banks were permanently established in the county. The Citizens Home and Savings Company was incorporated in 1889 with a million dollars in capital, located in the Liggett Building in Marysville. In 1890 the Union Banking Company of Marysville was organized in Marysville by Snider, Asman, David, and Sellers. A recorded 14 soldiers from the revolution eventually made their way to Union County, with many others unrecorded because of poor record keeping.
As part of negotiations with Virginia, who had claimed land in Ohio, to sign the Articles of Confederation, the United States granted them claims to land in Ohio which would be known as the Virginia Military District. The town of Milford was established in 1816 by George Reed, Marysville in 1819 by Samuel Culbertson, Richwood in 1832 by Philip Plumber, Kingsville in 1834, Somerville in 1835, Watkins and Arbelia in 1838, Newton in 1838 by David Paul, York Center in 1841, Frankfort in 1846, Unionville in 1847, Pharisburg in 1847, New California in 1853, Dover in 1854, Union Center in 1863, Broadway in 1865, Pottersburg in 1869, Peoria in 1870, Magnetic Springs in 1879, and Claibourne in 1881. The first county jail was a log structure that sat on the southside of East Center street, in the rear of the courthouse. In 1866, the Union County Teachers' Institute was organized in Marysville, with Franklin Wood serving at the first President. The county lacked transportation infrastructure until 1812 when the first known highway named Post Road was constructed across the southern portion of the county. The company sold capital stock for ,000, and this road today is known as State Rt. By 1915 the county had built 705 miles (1,135 km) of roadways, the most of any county in the state for its size.
After the French and Indian War, the Treaty of Paris of 1763 placed the area under British rule.
Following the American Revolution, in 1783, the area would eventually become known as the Northwest Territory and part of the United States.
Marysville's industrial roots can be traced back to many early companies. Medical societies included the Union County Medical Association.
Among those were the Marysville Pearlash Factory, an ashery founded in 1848, which by 1874 was the largest in the United States. There were large tile manufactures, and a plethora of commercial and industrial interests including jewelers, furniture retailers, and lumber yards. King, who graduated from Bellevue Hospital College in New York, Dr. Union County was home to many notable jurists in its early history, including John F.
The pioneers who composed the large majority of county residents in the early 19th century were generally very poor, meaning that there was no need for a bank in the county's early years.